Yesterday I started playing with the Silverlight 2.0 Beta 1
bits. I started working through Scott Guthrie’s series
on working with Silverlight 2. When I got to the point where Scott starts working with Linq-to-Xml I got stumped. I couldn’t find the assemblies containing XDocument and XElement. After some browsing around for about an hour I gave up. I looked in %Program Files%\Silverlight\2.0.30226.2\
This morning I re-installed Silverlight 2.0 and hunted around a bit. I finally found the System.Xml.Linq.dll (the dll containing XDocument) in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v2.0\Libraries\Client. (I’m running Windows Server 2008 x64).