>Unlocking a User Account from Command Line

>

Today I fat-fingered a password many times while trying to log into one of our project servers. Our domain accounts have been put into the Administrators group on that server but through Group Policy (or some other mechanism) we cannot load any MMC snap-ins. To get around that we’ve been given a single local administrator account. That’s the account I locked up. I sent off a request to get the account unlocked but being impatient I started looking for a way to unlock a user account through the command line. Here’s how (replace <username> with the actual username):

C:> net user /Active:YES <username>

>Locating Silverlight 2.0 Assemblies

>

Yesterday I started playing with the Silverlight 2.0 Beta 1 bits. I started working through Scott Guthrie’s series on working with Silverlight 2. When I got to the point where Scott starts working with Linq-to-Xml I got stumped. I couldn’t find the assemblies containing XDocument and XElement. After some browsing around for about an hour I gave up. I looked in %Program Files%\Silverlight\2.0.30226.2\.

This morning I re-installed Silverlight 2.0 and hunted around a bit. I finally found the System.Xml.Linq.dll (the dll containing XDocument) in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v2.0\Libraries\Client. (I’m running Windows Server 2008 x64).